DetailsHistory was made September 2-6, 1982 in a filming studio in St. John's, Newfoundland, Canada, as the life and magic of Dai Vernon was permanently recorded for future generations. Inspired by Bill Larsen, the project was undertaken by Videonics, owned and operated by Hans Zahn. The co-hosts of the filming project were Michael Ammar, Gary Ouellet and Steve Freeman.
L & L Publishing has now taken this original footage, digitally re-mastered it and released it on 8 DVDs. Not only can we learn by actually seeing and hearing the Professor at work, but our great grandchildren and their great grandchildren will be taught that most elusive of crafts by the grandest master of them all.
The idea behind these videos was to capture Vernon live so future magicians can experience him.
Originally two volumes on VHS, now one one DVD. Includes:
-Gary Ouellet Intro
-The Travellers (Michael Ammar performance)
-Explanation of the Travellers
-Vernon on Malini's Method of Marking the Cards
-Proper Way to Turn the Top Card Over
-Why Vernon has the Cards Signed
-The Kangaroo Coins (Gary Ouellet performance)
-Kangaroo Coins Explanation
-Vernon Talks About Lapping
-The Balls in the Net (Steve Freeman performance)
-Vernon's Story about The Balls in The Net
-Vernon Explains the Moves for The Balls in The Net
-Han Ping Chein with Ball
-Vernon Explains What Makes a Good Trick
-The Tenkai Palm Switch
-Vernon Explains How He Got the Name "Professor"
-Gary Ouellet Intro
-The Tenkai Switch - The Pivot Move
-Story Behind the Symphony of the Rings
-Vernon Tells a Silhouette Story
-Vernon Performs the Symphony of the Rings
-Explanation of Ring Routine - Counting the Rings
-Spinning the Ring
-Unlinking the Ring
-Chain of Three
-Linking Three & Unlinking Three
-The Continuous Linking
-The Falling Ring
-The Interlocked Rings
-The Long Chain
-Unlinking a Solid Ring
-Unlinking All the Rings
-The Symphony of the Rings (Vernon Performs for Live Audience)
-The Coins and Champagne Glass - A Vernon Classic
-The Secret to a Good Coin Vanish
-More Coins & Champagne Glass Explanation
Some of the important points to be considered are:
* The format is that of a jam session, with Vernon discussing his tricks, moves and routines, and generally holding court.
* All the moves, techniques, routines, tips and handlings discussed are actually performed by Vernon or one of the co-hosts, along with a complete explanation.
* Roughly half of the subjects covered relate to the published record half the material was new and disclosed for the first time (at the time of the video shoot).
* Many times, Vernon teaches important new techniques on the Vernon classics, including improvements, or previously undisclosed handlings, even as regards the famous Stars of Magic effects.
* Some world famous routines, such as the Coins in Champagne Glass or the Fred Kaps Coins and Silk (invented by Vernon and taught to Kaps) are publicly revealed.
* Important revelations about the Erdnase techniques, which Vernon has spent a lifetime studying, form a major part of the material.
No magician should miss these videos. Dai Vernon was the Dean of modern magic and he shares great things on these DVDs.
Superior Picture Quality Dolby Digital Sound Interactive Menus Take You To Every Trick & Explanation with just a Click of Your Remote Multi-Region for Worldwide Viewing.
Skill Level: Intermediate.
Customers who bought this product also bought: